Guest writers are encouraged to submit your work for publication. The following Guidelines for Writers are general suggestions to create the high-quality content for consideration by Alive65.com and other websites published by Mediastead LLC.
BEFORE sending your work, please read the Guidelines for Submission at the bottom of this page.
Content we want:
- Original articles on topics related to health and general wellness of interest to Americans over the age of 65.
- Health articles including disease or illness specific articles about symptomology, diagnosis, treatment and disease management.
- Exercise and fitness articles targeted specifically to seniors.
- Healthy habits articles for other areas of life such as mental health, spiritual health, and financial health.
- Original photography, videos or info-graphics on these topics.
- Articles should be 500-1200 words. Longer articles will also be considered.
- Series of Articles or monthly columns for in depth coverage of larger topics.
- Current events blog posts on topics important to Seniors.
Content we do not accept:
- Alternative medicine articles that focus on curing disease or specific treatment. General informational articles are accepted regarding commonly practiced alternative medicines such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage, etc.
- Politically motivated articles. Articles on politics or legislation must be well fact checked and unbiased.
- Previously published articles or photography.
- Submissions must be original works that have not been previously published on any website, forum, chat or social media site.
- Content must be your own work. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please cite the source.
- Once the post has been submitted, you may not publish the post anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website.
- You may promote your Submission on your own website, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media forums via a direct link to the article.
- Please keep your submission between 500 and 1200 words. Longer posts are permitted so long as the content is relevant. If more than 1200 words is needed to cover your topic thoroughly, you may choose to submit multiple articles to be published as a series.
- Contributers may submit a short bio (50 words or less) if one is to be included. Writer may provide a photo but it is not guaranteed to be included. Bio may include one link to a personal website, social media profile or an employer website.
- Submissions shall not include any affiliate links nor links sponsored by any organization other than writer’s employer.
- Mediastead reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
- Links to third-party sites shall be approved by Mediastead, and must be relevant to the topic.
- Mediastead reserves the right to edit content and tags for improved SEO.
- All Submissions will be reviewed and approved by Mediastead prior to posting.
- Mediastead reserves the right to refuse publication or remove the Submission without prior notice to the author.
- Published works do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Mediastead nor its publications.
- Publication does not imply endorsement of ideas or individual authors.
- No Contributor may claim or imply that publication of their contribution indicates endorsement.
- Contributors may not represent themselves as an employee of Mediastead or their online properties.
- Copyright for Submissions is granted to Mediastead except where specified in writing.
Guidelines for Photo or Video Submission:
- The Contributor must be the copyright holder of the image/video or the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain.
- Mediastead reserves the right to modify the image/video.
- If people are included in the image/video, the Contributor must provide written release allowing use of likeness.
- Images/video may be no larger than 10MB
- Images must be horizontal in orientation. All images shall have proper attribution.
- Images must be a minimum of 800 pixels in width and 600 pixels in height. Images may be cropped. Videos should be a minimum of 720p and no longer than 10 minutes.
Guidelines for Payment:
- Mediastead accepts unsolicited manuscripts and artwork. Unsolicited works pay $25 per written article or $10 per photograph, photographic collection, original artwork, or video.
- Mediastead does not pay for videos published on Youtube or other public platforms.
- Additional articles and works may be requested by Mediastead. Unless otherwise noted, Mediastead pays a standard rate, currently $50 per article.
- Mediastead will pay by PayPal or bank check mailed to US address only. Mediastead pays upon publication or 20 days after acceptance, whichever comes first.
- Individuals must provide a tax ID # for any payments over $400 within one calendar year.
- Mediastead will not pay for content deemed promotional in nature. Promotional content may be submitted under our Guidelines for Advertisers.
Guidelines for Submission
New submissions will be considered for publication. Alive 65 and its publisher, Mediastead LLC, pays writers $25 for first-time submissions accepted.
Subsequent submissions pay a standard rate per submission, currently $50 per article and $10 per image.
Please follow these steps:
- Submit an email query describing your topic briefly, 1-3 sentences which may include a title. (No telephone inquiries.)
- Email queries should have no more than three links to currently published works that demonstrate your writing style.
- Email queries must include your legal name, email address, and telephone number.
You will be notified within five business days with submission or follow-up instructions. Acceptance of a query is not a guarantee of acceptance of a submission.
Prior to payment, Contributors will be asked to sign a copyright release.
Contact Alive65 to begin.